Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Apartment Spotlight: Promontory Point

1.       Why did you choose to live at Promontory Point? How long have you lived there?
·         When I was first looking for a place to live, I searched everywhere on craigslist, but I still was not sure how to actually find an apartment because I was not familiar with Austin yet. Lucky for me, Michelle, who is a 2nd year College Coach, posted on College Forward Facebook group that she already signed the lease with Promontory Point and was looking for a roommate. I emailed her to see if I could be her roommate and she said YES! I have lived at Promontory Point since August 2011. J
2.       What are a few things you like about the complex?
·         It is a 2 bed/2 bathroom and the layout is perfect for roommates because the bedrooms (and bathrooms) are on opposite sides of the living room and kitchen, so both people have their own space. Also, both bedrooms have walk in closets! There is a washer and dryer included. We have a small balcony where I occasionally do jump ropes and Michelle planted colorful flowers in two little pots. We also have a fireplace!  We never thought we would use it, but we used it whenever we felt like it was cold enough to light the fire and made some s’mores J The complex is basically at the corner of Hwy 290 and 183 and I-35 is only about a mile from the complex, so we have easy access to everything. Our drive to College Forward office is just a little over 10 minutes.  We live near gas stations, Target, Walmart, HEB, Hobby Lobby, the post office, movie theatre and etc.
3.       What are a few things you do not like about the complex?
·         We have a fitness room, but the treadmill and elliptical machine doesn’t work properly L
·          The maintenance people are super friendly, but they are inconsistent… When we place a work order, sometimes it might be fixed the next day, but sometimes it might not be fixed for a week. We usually have to call again to remind them if they don’t come fix stuff right away.
·         Whoever was living above us never slept!! We could hear them walking or running around even at 4am. Thankfully, they recently moved away.
4.       What are your neighbors like?
·         We don’t know our neighbors too well, but I’ve seen families with small children. Kids play outside whenever the weather is nice. I’ve also seen people in 20s-30s who could be working or attending school.
5.       How much does it cost to live in a 1 bedroom? 2 bedroom?
·         I think 1 bedroom is about $600. We pay $730 for 2bed/2bathroom. When we pay for rent, water, internet, and electricity bills every month, it comes out to about $450 per person.
6.       If some of our future Austinites have more questions, would you mind if they contacted you via email
·         Sure! Since Michelle will be leaving me L and I am hoping to stay at College Forward for another year, I might need a new roommate if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment